Redmi 4, another budget phone by Xiaomi was launched yesterday at a press event in New Delhi. The company says that Redmi 4 is a successor to its Redmi 3S series.
“Redmi 3S was one of the most popular smartphones last year. We sold more than 4 million units of Redmi 3S during the life cycle of the product. Today we are thrilled to announce Redmi 4, which is an upgrade to Redmi 3S. Each of our Redmi devices has redefined the affordable smartphone segment in India, and we believe Redmi 4 too will meet the expectations of Mi Fans users who want high-quality devices at an affordable price” said Manu Jain, Vice President & Managing Director – India.
Xiaomi has dominated the Indian smartphone market with its budget offerings under Rs 10,000 and Rs 15,000. Redmi Note 4, which was launched earlier this year also a hit in India.
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Specifications
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8 out of the box.
- 64-bit 1.4 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 processor with Adreno 505 GPU.
- It will be available in 2 GB/3 GB /4 GB RAM variants.
- Features a 5-inch HD (720p) IPS display with a pixel density of 296ppi and 2.5D curved glass.
- On the storage front, there are 16 GB/32 GB/64 GB which can be expanded up to 128 GB via a microSD card.
- 13 MP Rear Camera with LED flash, Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF), f/2.0 aperture with a 5-element lens.
- At the front, there is a 5 MP with f/2.2 aperture
- The device is powered by a 4,100mAh battery as seen on Redmi Note 4.
- The device weighs 150g and is 8.65mm thick.
Redmi 4 is available in two colors Gorgeous black and Elegant gold. There will be three variants based on memory and storage variants. The 2GB + 16GB variant is priced at Rs 6,999, the 3GB + 32GB variant is priced at Rs 8,999, and the 4GB + 64GB variant is priced at Rs 10,999. The Redmi 4 first goes on sale on May 20 at Mi Home. Customers can pre-order Redmi 4 on mi.com and collect from Mi Home, Bangalore. The Redmi 4 will go on sale on May 23 at 12 noon on Mi.com and Amazon. However, the 4GB + 64GB variant will not be available right away and will go on sale sometime in the end of June.
The Redmi 4 first goes on sale on May 20 at Mi Home (Mi Store) which was recently opened in Bengaluru. Customers can pre-order Redmi 4 on mi.com and collect from Mi Home. The Redmi 4 will go on sale on May 23 at 12 noon on Mi.com and Amazon. However, the 4GB + 64GB variant will not be available right away and will go on sale sometime in the end of June.
The Redmi 4 is a budget phone with well-rounded specifications and boasts of a fingerprint sensor too. Xiaomi has also assured an upgrade to Android Nougat ‘soon’.
What are your thoughts on the dual SIM smartphone, and would you pick one up? Tell us in the comments!