Redmi Note 9 Pro goes on sale in India once again via Mi.com and Amazon India. The smartphone first went on sale on March 17th, following which the country went into a nationwide coronavirus lockdown. The government has now allowed e-commerce platforms to start delivering essential and non-essential products like smartphones. However, the government has restricted its deliveries to the Green Zone. Thus, you will have to check it with Amazon. Xiaomi was quick to pounce upon this opportunity by opening sales of its recently launched smartphone. The Redmi Note 9 Pro sale is live. Xiaomi has not revealed the sale date for the Redmi Note 9 Pro Max, which is yet to go on its first sale in India. However, the company has also announced the launch of its new smartphone the Mi 10 on 8th May.
Redmi Note 9 Pro specifications
Let us go through the spec sheet of the Redmi Note 9 Pro:
- Display: 6.67-inch FHD+ IPS LCD Display
- Dimensions: 165.75×76.68×8.8mm
- Weight: 209g
- Processor: Snapdragon 720G with Adreno A618
- Software: MIUI 11 based on Android 10 (will be updated to MIUI 12 soon)
- Camera: Quad camera module at the back
- 48-megapixel: 1/2.25-inch CMOS image sensor, 1.6um, 4-in-1 Super Pixel, f/1.7 aperture
- 8-megapixel: Ultra-wide 119-degree angle camera, f/2.2
- 5-megapixel macro camera, 1.12um, 2cm focus
- 2-megapixel depth sensor
- 16-megapixel front camera
- Video: Up to 4K video recording at 30fps
- Storage: 4GB/64GB and 6GB/128GB variant and can be expanded up to 512GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: Dual SIM 4G connectivity
- Battery: 5020mAh supports 18W fast charging (included in the box)
The Note series from Xiaomi has been the king of the budget segment. Note 9 Pro has a 6.67-inch FHD+ punch-hole IPS display. It is powered by the Snapdragon 720G processor paired with up to 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. The smartphone houses a 5,020mAh battery and supports 18W fast charging. It runs on MIUI 11-based Android 10. There is a side-mounted fingerprint sensor on the device for security.
The quad-camera setup on the back is the highlight of the device. It includes a 48-megapixel main camera, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, a 5-megapixel macro lens, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. The Note 9 Pro supports 4G LTE, dual SIM cards, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS, VoWiFi, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The smartphone also comes with a P2i splash-proof nano-coating technology which protects your device from random spills.
Redmi Note 9 Pro price in India
The Redmi Note 9 Pro got a price hike last month, the smartphone now starts at ₹13,999 for the 4GB/64GB model and goes up to ₹16,999 for the 6GB/128GB variant. The company has announced an additional ₹1,000 off on ICICI Bank credit cards and EMI, which would effectively bring the prices down to the original launch prices. Mi’s Note series has always dominated the budget phone market. However, Samsung also gained some progress in this market with their M series. But that is not enough to beat the popularity of Xiaomi.
Tell us what do you think about Mi’s latest budget offering in the comments below.