HMD Global has launched Nokia 2, an entry-level Android smartphone with 4G LTE connectivity.The device will be priced at Rs 6,500 in India. It is a phone for the masses and HMD Global has decided to launch it globally.
The Nokia 2 will look to target the lower end of the Indian smartphone market. The highlight of the device is 4100mAh battery that gives you up to 2 days of backup. The company claims India as an important market for Nokia and is determined to make the Nokia phones available at physical retail stores across the country by the end of the year.
Nokia 2 Specifications
The device offers a premium design with a polycarbonate body and 6000 series Aluminium frame and will be available in Pewter / Black, Pewter / White, Copper / Black colors. Let’s have a look the specifications of the device:
- 5-inch HD LCD display with a resolution of 1280X720 protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Android Nougat 7.1.1 out of the box.
- Snapdragon 212 Quad core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM.
- 8GB internal storage which can be expanded up to 128GB via a micro SD card.
- 8MP primary camera with Auto-Focus and LED flash and a 5MP front shooter for selfies.
- 4100mAh battery which offers up to 2 days of back up.
- IP52(Drip protection) water and Dust protection.
- 4G, LTE connectivity.
Also See: Nokia 8 launched in India.
The might feature a Dual SIM and a single SIM variant with price starting from Rs 6500. Nokia 2 also features sensors like Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer (G-sensor) etc. HMD Global is looking to target the first time smartphone users where the highest quality of a smartphone is good battery life followed by display size and build quality. However, the device seems to under powered with Snapdragon 212 and 8GB internal storage. Nokia 2 will compete against Redmi 4A which offer Snapdragon 425 processor along with 16GB of internal storage and Moto C which Is powered by a MediaTek processor with 16GB onboard storage.